I'm a fullstack web developer, currently based in Lille, where I'm studying for a Master's degree in Computer Science at the University of Lille.
I was born and raised in Mauritius. Prior to getting into tech, I got a LLB at the University of Mauritius. I began studying to become a notary public but realised that I'd be really miserable as a law practitioner. Soon after, I moved to France to study engineering, where I discovered the joys of writing code.
Outside of work, I spend my time reading anything and everything. I particularly love anything written by Neil Gaiman. I often go through phases of obsession with random stuff such as writing a story, playing the Elder Scrolls Skyrim for days on end, practicing yoga, or playing with cats.
I currently am looking for an internship in a tech position, scheduled to begin in March 2020.
If you're interested in getting in touch, please send me an email.
Knowledge & Skills
- Backend development with NodeJS
- Frontend Development with CSS3 & sometimes Sass
- Experience with MongoDB, MySQL & PostgreSQL
- Software architecture, modelling, testing, & UX/UI considerations
- Languages I enjoy working with: Python, Java, C & Haskell
- Other languages I dabbled in: PHP, C++, Prolog & R
- Curious about data visualization with D3.js
- Some development experience with Android
- Have no problem with either object oriented or functional programming techniques
- Business Intelligence techniques including data warehousing and classification
I'm open to learning new technologies.